Monday, March 2, 2009

The Rush-publican Party

It's becoming more and more obvious that Rush Limbaugh is the leader of the Republican Party. Politico has the story:

Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele says he has reached out to Rush Limbaugh to tell him he meant no offense when he referred to the popular conservative radio host as an “entertainer” whose show can be “incendiary.”

“My intent was not to go after Rush – I have enormous respect for Rush Limbaugh,” Steele said in a telephone interview. “I was maybe a little bit inarticulate... There was no attempt on my part to diminish his voice or his leadership.”

...Asked if he planned to apologize, Steele said: “I wasn’t trying to offend anybody. So, yeah, if he’s offended, I’d say: Look, I’m not in the business of hurting people’s feelings here... My job is to try to bring us all together.”

It's pathetic that nobody in the Republican Party has the nerve to stand up to Rush and state that their party doesn't hope for failure.