Saturday, October 4, 2008

Mud and Mitch

Yesterday's Courier-Journal called out Mitch McConnell over his dishonest campaign tactics:

A very angry 83-year-old Navy veteran says Mitch McConnell took his comments about Valor Healthcare out of context and misused them.

Adolfo Pina explains that "McConnell used us veterans in a very wrong way" in political commercial attacking Democratic challenger Bruce Lunsford, who invested in Valor and remains on its board after a term as chairman and CEO.

Mr. Pina, who served in the Pacific, says, "Valor clinic is doing very good for me here in Texas City. They're doing a good job by taking care of our needs. They're taking very good care of my needs, and I'm just one of thousands of veterans of World War II. The McConnell people interviewed me and took my words out of context. And I don't appreciate that. They did exactly what I told them not to do."

Click here to read the entire editorial.